I surrender :(

 


I have worked feverishly over the last 6 weeks trying to make this new setup work.  No matter what I try I can't fix the poor performance some people are experiencing.

I lay awake at night racking my brain for new things to try and trust me I have tried a great many things.  I have to recognize the new infrastructure I created just doesn't work well.  The improvements I promised the users just didn't pan out.  Actually things are worse than what I upgraded from.

So what now?  I am going back to the previous cloud provider I was using.  It is an infrastructure I know works. I will try to use their environment more efficiently to try to gain the performance that I was wishing for.

I have been giving a lot of thought on how to do this with zero downtime.  I think I can make this happen without nothing but a "Disconnection" message in your game window.  I will update the Discord announcements with all the details.  I am hoping to do this before next weekend, but that might be too optimistic but I will try.

I know I keep apologizing and I know you are tired of hearing it, so am I.  Thank you all for hanging in there with me over the last 6 weeks.  I have faith that the next step should put us back on the right track.

 G Pa Dax.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunshine and Rainbows

Smoking gun and a dead chicken.